10-26 July 2020, Mallorca
For the first time Minako Seki is offering a Choreographic Residency in Mallorca. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with her and develop your own theme, concept and movement.
Over the last few years Minako has received many requests from dancers wanting to work personally with her to receive guidance on how to unfold their artistic projects to create unique pieces. This is now possible and we are filled with excitement to make it real. We are now taking applications and places are limited to just 4 participants.
Main aspects of the residency.
– Personal one to one time with Minako to develop your project
– Group training based on Seki method and practices that will incorporate elements of the personal themes and content of participants
– Time on your own to research and elaborate material
Participants on this residency will perform in the EIMA Festival in Maria de la Salut, Mallorca. This is a yearly dance festival that takes place in the countryside.
Other elements of the residency.
– Meditation to foster creativity and undivided attention
– Sharing circles to support your creative process, to identify personal resistances that may be blocking your growth and that of your artistic project
– Personal session with Inalu Antoli, yoga teacher and therapist, to support you in whatever way you need. This may take the form of a yoga, massage session or somatic coaching
– Bio-Vegan Food
– One afternoon to offer and receive Japanese healing practices
All retreats offered by Minako are holistic and care of body, mind and spirit is essential. Her unique artistic approach and her personal philosophy of life are deeply integrated. This program will also reflect this aspect.
This is a very general day schedule. As everyone will have their own creative process, tasks and times will be decided on a day to day basis.
7.15 Morning Training
9.30 Studio Time
15.30 Studio Time
We will expect you to arrive on 10th July to start working on 11th July. Performance will most likely take place on 25th July. However this will be confirmed at the end of Janury when final plans for the performance will be made. Departure is on 26th July.
This retreat will be held in Mallorca, in the charming village of Maria de la Salut. The studios we will use are part of the town hall venues. Artist residencies take place the whole year and are managed by Mariantonia Oliver, a renowned and international dancer and choreographer who lives in the village. She has created the festival EIMA which takes place every summer in Maria de la Salut. She invites international artist to perform and integrates the local community in the festival. (Link it to http://eimacreacio.com/?lang=en )
There will be one morning to meet the local community and other artists of the island, share ideas and food.
Accommodation is shared in double rooms. You will stay in a traditional Mallorcan house, with walking distance to the studios. A very relaxed environment with great views of Mediterranean countryside.
If you are interested, please send us for application, at email@example.com:
- Name, adress, date of birth
- Summary of your project, theme and concept
- Short video with movement material you are working on
(Photo credits Roger Rossell)