POWER OF IMAGINATION SERIE
What is the program?
Tuesday 29th of September 2020
Thursday 8th of October 2020
Friday 9th of October 2020
Friday 23rd of October 2020
Saturday 24 th of October 2020
At 4 pm ( Barcelona / Paris / Berlin)
60 minutes every day.
You can choose to attend the days you like.
You don’t need to have participated in any other workshop to join us!
This workshop is open to every body, from 8 to 88 years old, who likes to dance with a playful heart!
What to do ?
- Please register in advance for this meeting, with Zoom:
23-24th of October: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqceyhqD4vE9UQfv5CGaev8tGr0zm54kit
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- This workshop is based on donations. To support our work in these challenging days, you may consider making a donation. Our recommended donation is 15 € per class. If you have no income due to the crisis, you do not need to pay anything. Those who have a little, pay a little and those who have a lot, pay a lot;) And please help us to advertise our workshop so that together we can have a lot of fun, heart and good vibes in the world. Thank you so much !
Paypal option // https://www.paypal.me/minakoseki1
IBAN: DE14 4306 0967 1163 1297 00
- We will open the meeting 30 minutes before, at 15:30 pm. I believe that through our consciousness we can transform our body in a SACRED TEMPLE. So here comes one recommendation : I advice you to see your room as the TEMPLE of a SACRED SPACE. You may clean the floor before the practice, and you might like to light a candle or burn some incense. You can meditate in this room to fill the space with your beautiful energy. Before the workshop starts, you can do some stretching and warming up. LOVE THE SPACE OF YOUR BODY, LOVE THE SPACE OF YOUR ROOM.
- Make sure your microphone is MUTE, and your video is ON. Click on the SPEAKER VIEW, to have Minako in the big picture.
- By joining Minako Seki Online Workshop , you declare being in a good shape and being responsible for your own safety. Please be gentle with yourself:)
What is the content?
The Seki Method departs from the imagination and continues along its endless possibilities. Engaging the imagination allows the unconscious to communicate with the conscious, and the micro cosmos to connect with the macro. Seki Method is rooted in the power of the imagination as our creative impulse and fuel for artistic expression.
Basic Principles of the Seki Method:
• Sensing Power: Exercises that allow us to release inhibitions, awaken the mind-body connection, deepen our breath and bring heat to our bodies.
• Hanging Body: Due to gravity, we experience everything in our reality as falling down towards the centre of the Earth. Just as objects fall, so too is each step a falling into the Earth as we walk. So we can experience how easy it is to walk, and then feel this effortlessness in all our movements. Using gravity as a powerful impulse and giver of movement, we can generate dances from a relaxed body. We are all hanging from the Earth.
• Water Bag Body: Based on the biological fact that our body contains over 80 per cent water, we try to move as if our body were a large water bag. First, we observe and experience the properties of a bag filled with water and then apply these properties to our own bodies. When we are relaxed, we are able to react to impulses and to all that surrounds us, finding a very intense quality of movement. As we connect with our senses too, the quality of our physical movements remains natural and fluid. We also explore how letting our body fall in the direction of gravity reveals an automatic bouncing reaction. The fall – rebound phenomenon is the dynamic of the dancing body.
• Tan Den: My source of energy is a little sun situated in the centre of my body (the Tan-Den in Japanese). Through this little sun there is a thin thread, one end of which passes up through the crown of the head, up and out to the cosmos. The other end is pulled straight down to the centre of the earth. Locating and feeling this line in ourselves is what helps us bring all the above-mentioned principles together.
See you on the screen and vibrate together!
For any questions, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.